Here are this week’s news, notes, and nuggets for Loudoun:
- Local Legend laid to rest: We didn’t know Mr. Rose as long or as well as some, but he still touched our lives. The local youth sports landscape would look very different if he were not involved and we are all sad to see him go. Thank you for everything, Mr. Rose!
- Leesburg Brewing Co. set to open March 1: Leesburg Vintner and Corcoran Brewing are teaming up for a new restaurant this spring. Set to open the First Friday of March, the pub will take over the space formerly occupied by the King’s Court Tavern in downtown Leesburg.
- 9 LoCo Restaurants tops for 2012: Ford’s Fish Shack, Goodstone Inn & Estate, Hooked, Magnolia’s at the Mill, Market Table Bistro, Mokomandy, Patowmack Farm, The Wine Kitchen, & Tuscarora Mill were all named to the best restaurants of 2012 by Northern Virginia Magazine. I’ve only eaten at two so far, looks like Heather is in for a few nights out!
- LCHS wrestling team on a roll: One of many local sports teams dominating the competition, these young men are looking to cap off their best regular season ever with a State Championship. That road starts tomorrow in the Dulles District tournament at LVHS. Good luck!
- A nasty start to Friday, maybe school should have been delayed? Almost slid out into oncoming traffic this morning and I was only going 5 mph!
- Shout out to my man Phil Michelson for that 59 1/2 yesterday, hard to imagine being upset with a sizzling 60 but he was.
- I’m rooting for the Ravens on Sunday, say what you want about Ray Lewis but he knows how to inspire men.
Have a great weekend and be safe!