Top Five Musings Stories from 2013
2013 was my first full year behind the wheel at LoCoMusings and I managed to keep it between the ditches. Thanks to Rob & Meghan, John & Pam, Kristie, Alex & Theresa, Mike, Rich & Tracey, and many others for help making it a successful year for me.
Here were the top five stories from 2013 according to you (makes me think I should consider a side job as a food critic!):
- IJ CANNS Comes to Purcellville: They had a few hiccups and opened a little later than scheduled, but things seem to be going smoothly. We’ve yet to actually have a meal here, but we are looking forward to a little live entertainment close by.
- Coney Island Diner Opens in Purcellville: Another anticipated opening in Purcellville, I had breakfast here the first week it was open. It’s gotten mixed reviews but I see a steady flow of business.
- LoCo’s Most Expensive Homes Sold in 2012: One of our most popular posts every year, this one got picked up by the Washington Post Real Estate section. We’ll be putting up 2013’s version on Saturday.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema at One Loudoun: This one might have been the most fun to write. I got a hard hat tour with the owners and experienced opening night with my son. We liked it so much, I took six 11 year old girls there to see Catching Fire for a birthday party (that was an interesting car ride!).
- 6 Tips For Buying An Older Home: Heather grew up in a couple of old homes and watched her parents go through this process. Fixing up an older home is a great way for do-it-yourselfers to earn some equity and trade up to the next one.
Thanks again to everyone who made 2013 a great year, and here’s looking forward to an even better 2014.
Trackback from your site.
Leave a Reply
About our blog
Michael and Heather Elias are full time real estate professionals and licensed REALTORS at Century 21 Redwood Realty. They sincerely hope you enjoy reading this blog, and would love the opportunity to work with you.