Visited any open houses lately? Wondering what’s out there in Loudoun right now? If your target budget falls around $500,000, you have exactly 58 homes to choose from in ALL of LoCo right now. (As of this morning, counting all non-new construction homes active in the multiple listing service.) There have been a ton of active buyers in that price range, lately…there are 90 homes under contract in that price point.
So what do you have to pick from?
- Sterling: 13 homes, of which 7 are in Countryside and all are single family homes.
- Ashburn: 11 homes. Two townhomes, two patio homes. Seven single family homes, all newer, on small lots: the largest at .19 acres. Largest square footage home? One of the townhomes, by far.
- Leesburg: 12 homes. Again, two townhomes, two patio homes. Three single family homes on in-town neighborhoods (Tavistock Farms, Evergreen Meadow, Potomac Crossing) and five (older) single family homes on larger, out of town parcels to the north or south of Leesburg.
- South Riding: 6 single family homes, on lot sizes ranging from .12 to .21 acres. All built between 1996 and 2000.
- The Rest: Located in the outlying towns and communities, the remaining homes are all single family residences on at least a third of an acre. Largest property is on just under 28 acres. Newest homes available were built in 2005, and oldest home available is 227 years old.
Here’s a sampling of homes in that price point (including new construction):
1 - 5 of 86.
See more What you can get for $500K in LoCo.
(all data current as of 6/10/2013)
$525,000 : 42934 Tippman Pl, Chantilly4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
$479,000 : 47699 Whirlpool Sq, Sterling3 beds, 2 full, 2 part baths
$489,900 : 20053 Northville Hills Ter, Ashburn3 beds, 2 full, 2 part baths
$520,000 : 20563 Norwich Pl, Ashburn4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$509,000 : 40953 Sycamore Creek Ln, Lovettsville5 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.