I’ve been thinking quite a bit lately about how the public views real estate professionals as a whole, and there are a few things that I want you to know about me and the way that I conduct my business. I am full time Realtor, and have worked this as my only source of income since 2004. This is my career, and I see myself as a consultant, helping my clients meet their long term real estate and home-owning goals.
My promise to you:
- I won’t ever sugarcoat what is (or isn’t) happening in the local market.
- I will try to be a great resource for local area knowledge.
- I will continue to *always* put my clients needs first, even if it is to the detriment of my own bottom line.
- I will never give you advice on selling or buying without first listening to what your needs, hopes, and dreams are.
- I will stay in communication with you after you purchase your home, both as a resource for contractors/painters/repairmen/etc but also for continued information on the real estate market.
- I will never tell you “it’s a good time to buy” unless I know for a fact it matches with your personal situation.
- I will also never tell you “it’s a good time to sell” unless I know for a fact that it makes sense for your personal situation.
- I will take your phone calls, answer your emails, and always keep you in the loop when we are working towards a sale or purchase.
- I will continue to attend conferences to stay on top of legislative changes that affect homeowners and the real estate market.
- When you ask me “how’s the market?” I will give you an honest answer, and the hard data to back it up.
Most important to me at the end of the day is whether I helped my clients accomplish what they set out to do. Were they happy with the outcome, and did I do everything in my power to help them get there? I know not every Realtor uses that as their guiding principle, but they should. If you decide to do business with me, that’s what you will get. I promise.
(note: I started writing this several months back and sat on it since then. As it is the spring market and thoughts turn to real estate, it seemed like the right time to share. Thanks, as always, for reading and listening. My clients are truly the reason why I choose to do this as my career.)