That picture is a few of the girls on the softball team I coach (including Natalie) as they were leaving the Field of Screams. After our tournament in Olney, MD we took a team field trip through the Paintball Apocalypse and the Trail of Terror and had a blast. It’s not for the faint of heart, but all the girls who were brave enough to try made it through relatively unscathed. It’s definitely worth the drive, but if you are looking for something a little closer to home here are a few options:
- Fright Night in Ashburn. A few of our girls have done this in the past and they said it was scarier than Field of Screams. Tickets range from $10-60, depending on how long you want to wait in line.
- Shocktober in Leesburg. Located at Paxton Manor they claim to be the only truly haunted house in LoCo. Attractions include the Haunted Manor, Well of Souls, and the Fun Tunnel. Tickets are $10-50.
- The Haunted Forest at Halloween Woods in Sterling. On the grounds of an old boarding school at Algonkian Park, a caretaker dressed as a clown terrorizes visitors. There is also Haunted Fun house, tickets are $18-25.
- Leesburg Hauntings. The Loudoun Museum offers a 90 minute walking tour of haunted homes and businesses in downtown Leesburg. Space is limited, tours will be held on October 24 & 25 and tickets are $15 online.
- Fields of Fear in Centreville. Over 20 acres of fear at the Cox Farm corn field, zombie zoo, and the Darkside Hayride. They also have a Firegrounds with games and concessions, prices start at $13.
- Bradley Farm Haunted House in Herndon. The Bradley Farm barn turns into a nightmare for the month of October. They recommend children 8 and under use the Kids Haunt, and they also have a full slate of entertainment. The least expensive attraction on our list, tickets are only $5.
- Harpers Ferry Hallows in Harpers Ferry, WV. If you are looking for more action and less spooky, check out the outdoor adventures by River Riders. Climb through tree tops, take a hayride, and zipline under the moon. Plan on spending a few hours, tickets start at $158.
- Halloween Block Party in Purcellville. This one is actually on Halloween night in downtown Purcellville. Costume contests, wolf howling contest, kids attractions and street vendors. The party lasts from 5:00 – 9:00.