- Congratulations are in order for the Stone Bridge High School Bulldogs, who last Saturday brought home the state football championship by crushing Potomac High School 38-0 at Charlottsville’s Scott Stadium. The win was only the second time a Loudoun team has won the state championship, and was particularly sweet since the Bulldogs had made it to the final in 2005 but came up short. The Stone Bridge team has won the regional championship four times since 2000, when the school opened. They finished the year with a 14-1 record.
- Teacher Robert Hallock of Broad Run High School was named the 2007 Outstanding High School Teacher by the University of Virginia’s Curry School of Education Foundation. Hallock teaches history and sociology at Broad Run, and sponsors the History and Government Club.
- Kimberly Berkey, assistant principal at Leesburg Elementary, has been selected by the Loudoun County School Board as the principal for Creighton’s Corner Elementary School, slated to open next fall. Angela Atwater, currently the principal at Antietam Elementary in Woodbridge, has been picked as principal for Liberty Elementary, also set to open next fall.
- The Loudoun County High School Raiders won the Group AA state volleyball championship last month, defeating Grafton High at the Siegal Center in Richmond. They finished the year with a perfect 28-0 record.
- Winter break for Loudoun County Public Schools begins on December 24th. Classes resume on January 2nd. Happy Holidays!
News and Notes: from our Loudoun County Schools
Trackback from your site.
Leave a Reply
About our blog
Michael and Heather Elias are full time real estate professionals and licensed REALTORS at Century 21 Redwood Realty. They sincerely hope you enjoy reading this blog, and would love the opportunity to work with you.