We understand that if you are looking for the next place you’ll live, buying that home might not be your plan right now. No matter your reasons, sometimes renting is your best option. Guess what: you don’t have do all the work yourself! You can have a Realtor help you find your rental home- which will likely give you many more options than you will see on Craigslist or from visiting local apartment communities. There are plenty of homes for rent, of all kinds, right now in Loudoun County.
We would love to help you find a place to live, and it doesn’t cost you anything to have us help you in your search. Here’s how the process works:
- We connect to go over your situation: what type of property you need, where you are looking, if you have pets, when you are moving in, etc. We like to kickstart this conversation by having you fill out this online form first, so we can do a quick search of available homes before we hop on the phone or meet with you in person.
- We work together to create a list of homes that fit your needs. If you are a few months out from being ready to sign a lease, we’ll start keeping an eye on the market with you, sending email updates when new potential homes come available.
- We’ll provide you with a standard rental application to fill out: we’ll have everything ready to go except the information on the property itself, which we can fill in when you pick the home that’s right for you. To submit with your application, you’ll need to assemble copies of your latest pay statements and last 2 year’s W-2s if you are paid hourly or weekly.
- We set up a time to go and tour those homes with you, and help you decide which one is the best fit. This is always the fun part!
- You complete the applications (one for each member of your family who is 18 years or older) and we submit them to the agent/landlord for processing. Typically the application fee (set by the landlord) is $40-$60 per application, due when the application is submitted. You’ll also submit a check for the first month’s rent and security deposit at the same time, although neither will be deposited until the application is accepted and lease is completed. Typically we will get an answer 1-2 business days after the application is submitted.
- Once you are accepted, we will work with you to get the lease signed, arranging for your move-in inspection, and helping you set up utilities and take care of any other details of the move.
- You move in and enjoy your new home! Even after you move in, we’ll still be available to you to answer questions or help as you get settled in.
Want to get started? Here’s our rental information form, or you can call or text us at the number at the top of this page.